United Way of Inner Wisconsin
What is Community Impact?
- Engaging community and agency partners to work together to create lasting change and improve the lives of not just program clients but the community as a whole.
- We are a community of connected individuals - all people - united and working together for the benefit of all. Unlike charities that focus on one need, one issue, United Way recognizes that we are all part of something greater. We all win when a child succeeds in school, when families have good health and are financially stable. We all have a stake in creating healthy, prosperous communities.
HOW DO WE ACCOMPLISH THIS?
Our Partner Programs
- We influence the lives of individuals and families through the work of partner programs (click here) that provide direct services to people in our communities.
Our Internal Program & Projects
- We make a difference through our internal programs, such as United Way’s 2-1-1 and the Volunteer Center; and by working on special initiatives such as the Great Book Giveaway and distribution of the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card.
- We team up with local community partners and work together on projects that have an impact, such as the Help for Hard Times Guide and Stuff the School Bus.
- We influence community attitudes, networks, neighborhoods, organizations and systems to create lasting changes in our communities. Some ways we are accomplishing this is by participating in the South Wood County Homelessness Initiative and the Workforce Central Service Provider Network.
- Click here to learn more about our projects and initiatives.