United Way of Inner Wisconsin
What is Community Impact?
- Community Impact is engaging the community and partner programs to work together to create change and improve the lives of not just program clients but the community as a whole. We work together with other non-profits, government, schools, businesses and the faith community to create lasting change. At the same time we are leveraging resources that get things done, and engaging volunteers who are passionate about issues. We accomplish this through:
- Partner Programs - We influence the lives of individuals and families through the work of our partner programs that provide direct services to people in our communities, by providing program grants.
- Community Coalitions - We convene the community around topic areas that they care about. To learn more about our coalitions, click here. We influence community attitudes, networks, neighborhoods, organizations and systems to create lasting changes.
- Our Internal Programs & Projects - We make a difference through our internal programs, United Way’s 2-1-1, the Volunteer Center and Women’s Leadership Council; and by working on initiatives such as the Learning for Life Reading Mentor Program, The Great Book Giveaway and FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Cards.
- Collaborative Initiatives - We team up with local community partners and work together on projects that have an impact, such as The Help Guide and Stuff the School Bus.
- To see our Agenda for Change Model, click below and view a PDF.