United Way of Inner Wisconsin
About the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin distributes the FamilyWize Prescription Drug Discount Card, which has helped south Wood and Adams County residents save thousands of dollars on prescription drugs.
- Any organization who distributes information to at-risk populations can request these cards to be put on display. Simply call 715-421-0390 to receive these cards for your business or organization.
To receive a copy of your own FamilyWize Card:
- Click here for English
- Click here for Spanish
- Text "family" to 700700.
- Click here to download the FamilyWize Mobile App
- The FamilyWize® cards enables people to receive discounted pricing on prescription drugs. It can offer immediate savings on prescription drugs at participating pharmacies for people that have no health insurance; or for prescription medicine not covered by health insurance, Medicare or other benefit plans. This is not health insurance, nor is it intended to replace insurance. Anyone can use it; there are no age or income restrictions.
- Simply present the FamilyWize® card with each prescription at a participating pharmacy at the time of purchase. Your cost will be the discount price with the FamilyWize® card, or the pharmacy’s usual and customary retail price, whichever is lower. You can save an average of up to 30% or more.
- The goal of the FamilyWize® partnerships is to reduce the cost of medicine by $100 million. The savings is provided by the 53,000+ participating pharmacies that have agreed voluntarily to accept prices that are close to the prices they make available to large insurance companies and employers. To learn more, visit www.familywize.org.