United Way of Inner Wisconsin
The Help Guide for South Wood & Adams Counties
About the Help Guide
- The South Wood County Help Guide is a collaborative effort between United Way's 2-1-1, United Way of Inner Wisconsin and Incourage. This guide is for people who may be going through a tough time and need help understanding the resources that are available to them. It asks questions such as "How do I apply for unemployment?" or "Where can I go for clothing?" then lists a number of local resources that can help.
- Help Guides are distributed at local school districts, day care centers, non-profit organizations, government agencies, clinics, banks, gas stations and churches.
- In Adams County we partner with 2-1-1 and local organizations to update and distribute the Help Guide.
By the Numbers:
2016 is the eighth consecutive year we have distributed the Help Guide.
Over the years, we distributed (combined)
5,976 in 2013
10,221 in 2014
11,050 in 2015
12,263 in 2016
In 2016 distribution included: 35 schools / day care; 33 non-profits; 20 government agencies, etc.
Source: United Way of Inner Wisconsin, United Way of Inner Wisconsin, United Way of Inner Wisconsin
How to Get Your Copy
- Call the United Way of Inner Wisconsin office (715-421-0390) or United Way's 2-1-1 to have a copy mailed to you.
- If your business or organization would like to display the Help Guide, call the United Way of Inner Wisconsin to make a request!
- You can also download a PDF copy here:
- Help Guide for South Wood County 2016
- Help Guide for Adams County 2016
- Help Guide for South Wood County - SPANISH
- Help Guide for South Wood County - HMONG