United Way of Inner Wisconsin
United Way of Inner Wisconsin News
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin is proud to connect community members with enTouch Wireless, which provides free cell phones to individuals who qualify for other governmental programs, such as Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP), the National School Lunch Program, Supplemental Security Income (SSI), Medicaid, etc.
- enTouch Wireless provides a free cell phone and up to 250 free minutes per month for one year. The service is made possible by a state and federal government assistance program called Lifeline that provides discounts on monthly telephone service for eligible low-income individuals. It is important because everyone needs the opportunity and security of a telephone that helps them connect to jobs, family and 9-1-1 services.
- Individuals who wish to apply for a free enTouch phone can pick up an application at local agencies such as Hope’s Door, North Central Community Action Program, the Job Center, Childcaring, and McMillan Memorial Library. If you are a church, agency or organization who would like to have enTouch applications available for the individuals you serve please call the United Way of Inner Wisconsin office at 715-421-0390.
- Individuals who qualify for the program can fill out an application and submit it to enTouch Wireless. If approved, the customer will receive a phone within eight business days of receipt of application. The phone comes loaded with the minutes requested; every thirty days the balance automatically reloads as long as there is an active account. The plan includes voicemail, call forwarding, three way calling and is data enabled. Customers can purchase additional minutes, texts and data from an airfair wireless retailer such as Baltus Bread and Butter Shop, BP and Schierl Oil. The program is available for only one person per household and is non-transferrable. Customers must reapply annually.
- Lifeline is funded by the Universal Service Fund (USF). Telecommunications companies contribute to the USF. No funding is received through taxpayer dollars or through the Lifeline program. Eligible telecommunications companies – including enTouch Wireless - are certified by the FCC to manage the Lifeline program. For more information please call the United Way of Inner Wisconsin office at 715-421-0390.