United Way of Inner Wisconsin
United Way of Inner Wisconsin News
- WFHR AM 1320 will be holding its 12th Annual Radio-Thon for United Way of Inner Wisconsin on Wednesday, November 16, 2016 from 7:00am – 9:00am. During the event, “The Good Morning Show” co-hosts Bob Look and James Malouf invite United Way representatives onto the show to discuss how they are making an impact on our community, and to promote the final days of the $1,000 Sweepstakes.
- Additionally, listeners have an opportunity to make a pledge during the show and have their donations announced on the air.
- “This is a fun way to support United Way,” said Tari Jahns, CEO of United Way of Inner Wisconsin. “Some people call and make donations in honor of their children or grandchildren, or to honor a birthday. Some people challenge their friends to make donations too. It’s also good PR for yourself because you can get your donation announced on the radio. We invite everybody to listen and join in the fun!”
- To participate in the Radio-Thon tune into AM 1320 from 7:00am – 9:00am. If you’d like to make a donation and have it announced over the air, call the station’s main line at 715-424-1300 and speak to a United Way representative.
- About the $1,000 Sweepstakes
- Anyone who pledges a new undesignated donation of $26.00 or more to United Way of Inner Wisconsin, or increases their gift over last year’s donation by at least $26.00 is automatically entered to win one of five $1,000 cash prizes. Donations must be turned into the United Way of Inner Wisconsin office by 4:00pm, November 18, 2016. Visit www.uwiw.org to read the complete rules and regulations. This year the sweepstakes is sponsored by Aspirus Riverview Hospital, River Cities Bank, Heartland Farms, Inc., and Timber Shores.