United Way of Inner Wisconsin
United Way of Inner Wisconsin News
- The Wisconsin Rapids Super-Lube will be holding a Customer Appreciation Day on Friday, October 16th, 2015. They will be offering 50% off oil changes from 8am – 7pm with a portion of the proceeds being donated to United Way of Inner Wisconsin.
- Additionally, Super-Lube will be giving away hotdogs and refreshments from 11am – 1:30pm for a donation to United Way. United Way staff and volunteers will be present throughout the day to assist, and answer questions about United Way and the 2015 campaign. Super-Lube is located at 3020 8th Street, Wisconsin Rapids.
- “United Way of Inner Wisconsin is excited to partner with Super-Lube on their Customer Appreciation Day,” said Tari Jahns, United Way of Inner Wisconsin’s CEO. “Now, you have an opportunity to change your oil, and help change the community at the same time!”
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin’s Volunteer Center is currently accepting registration for local elderly/disabled individuals who wish to have their yards raked by volunteers during Day of Caring, Saturday, October 24, 2015.
- To register to have your yard raked, call 2-1-1 and speak to an information specialist between the hours of 8am-5pm, Monday through Friday. This program is designed for low- or fixed-income elderly and/or disabled residents who have no other means of completing the raking service (ie: no family nearby, unable to pay a landscaping company, etc.).
- When calling to register, residents should be prepared to provide directions (or the nearest cross street) to their homes; and be able to describe their yard size:
- Small – 3 or less trees
- Medium – 4-6 trees
- Large – 7-10 trees
- Jumbo – more than 10 trees
- The deadline to register is October 9, 2015. Residents who participate will be expected to provide their own leaf bags (if needed) and instructions to the volunteers. Instructions should include information about leaf disposal, depending on the municipality they live in. Volunteers will only be raking leaves. Participants are also expected to clean up any pet waste and trash before volunteers arrive.
- The Volunteer Center is also looking for volunteers to help rake on October 24th. Volunteers and team leaders can register online here. All volunteers receive a free t-shirt and lunch!
- Click here to download a copy of the Governor's Proclamation
- Governor Scott Walker has designated the months of September and October 2015 as United Way Months in Wisconsin, in recognition of the launch of United Way annual campaigns throughout the state.
- The 43 United Ways across Wisconsin each work within their local communities to meet local needs, using funds raised locally. Together, United Ways work to advance the common good by focusing on the building blocks of a good quality of life. We all win when a child succeeds in school, families are financially stable, and people have good health. Every year, Wisconsin community members and businesses really step up to supply the passion, expertise, and resources to create lasting change.
- In 2014, Wisconsin's United Ways, serving as the primary source of private funds, collectively raised over $122.5 million to support human service programs. Wisconsinites have many ways to give, advocate and volunteer with United Way to be a part of the change and help build a brighter future for all.
- Last year, United Way of Inner Wisconsin raised $619,688 and provided funds to programs that support Education, Income, Health and Safety Net Services. This year, United Way of Inner Wisconsin is raising funds to support 35 partner programs.
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin changes lives in our community by investing in the Building Blocks of a Better Life; leveraging resources to get things done; engaging volunteers; and convening/participating in community partnerships such as the South Wood County Hunger Coalition, Supportive Community Health Services Roundtable, The Great Book Giveaway, Learning for Life Reading Mentor Program, South Wood County Homelessness Coalition, The Help Guide, FamilyWize, enTouch Wireless and Stuff the School Bus.