United Way of Inner Wisconsin
United Way of Inner Wisconsin News
- The United Way of Inner Wisconsin Board of Directors approved plans to distribute $505,942 in grants in south Wood and Adams Counties in 2016 during its board meeting May 13, 2015.
- Programs that receive United Way funding must demonstrate they are making an impact in four strategy areas: Education, Income, Health, and Safety Net Services. United Way will be distributing $478,197 in south Wood County and $27,745 in Adams County.
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin will raise these funds during its 2015 campaign this fall. The United Way campaign runs from September 1, 2015 to October 31, 2015. 2016 allocations are contingent on enough funds being raised this fall.
- Click here to view the 2016 Allocations
- The Stuff the School Bus committee for south Wood County is excited to announce changes to its annual school supply distribution event for 2015. This year, families who wish to participate will be required to pre-register, which will significantly reduce the amount of time standing in line. In the past, participants waited in line, sometimes for up to two hours.
- Families can pre-register from now until August 1st. Applications were distributed to all students in the Nekoosa, Port Edwards and Wisconsin Rapids school districts – either sent home in the weekly folders or in monthly newsletters.
- Applications can be picked up at: Boys and Girls Club of the Wisconsin Rapids Area (as well as the Mead, Nekoosa and Port Edwards locations), United Way of Inner Wisconsin and the Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools Central Office. Applications can also be downloaded below. Applications will NOT be mailed out to anyone.
- Applications must be returned to United Way of Inner Wisconsin (351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494) by August 1, 2015. Later in August, families will receive a postcard informing them of their time-slot for pick up during Stuff the Desk on August 15, 2015.
- Stuff the Bus will be asking local businesses and individuals to collect/donate school supplies from July 13 – August 6, 2015. School supplies will be dropped off at the Stuff the School Bus drive on August 6, 2015 during Lunch by the River at Veteran’s Memorial Park (11:30am – 1:00pm). School supplies will be distributed to students in need during Stuff the Desk on August 15, 2015 at Lincoln High School (1801 16th St. S., Wisconsin Rapids) from 8:00am – 11:30am.
- Stuff the School Bus is a community collaborative effort to collect and distribute school supplies to students in need. All families who are in financial need are eligible.
- For more information, please contact United Way’s 2-1-1.
- Click here to download the Stuff the School Bus 2015 Application Form