United Way of Inner Wisconsin
Stuff the School Bus is August 8, 2013
- Location: Veteran's Memorial Park, Wisocnsin Rapids
- Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm during Lunch By The River - RAIN OR SHINE!
- Click here to sign up for email updates. Please specify you wish to receive the Stuff the School Bus email updates.
- For more information, call United Way's 2-1-1 at:
- Call directly at 715-423-0211
Drop Off Sites
- Open to the public:
- Immanuel Lutheran Church. Open Wednesdays 6-7pm and Sundays 8am-12pm.
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church
- Internal drives only (not open to the public):
- Wisconsin Rapids United Methodist Church
- If you would like to become a drop off location send us an email.
School Supply Wish List
- 2013 Stuff the School Bus Flier
- 2013 Stuff the Desk Flier
- "Stuff the School Bus Drop Off Location" Sign
- Stuff the School Bus logo
- Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
- 2013 Volunteer Application.
To Make A Cash Donation:
- Monetary donations and gift certificates also accepted. Please write checks to "Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee" and mail them to: Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
- Volunteers are needed to:
- Organize school supply drives and bring donations to the Stuff the School Bus event on August 8th.
- Distribute fliers
- Help carry boxes on August 8th
- Sort donated school supplies August 8th
- Help set up for distribution August 16
- Help children pick up their school supplies August 17
- Contact United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center for more information! 715-421-0390.
- Volunteer description for "Distribution Volunteer"
- Volunteer description for "Flier Distribution"
- Volunteer description for "Supply Sorter"
- 2013 Volunteer Application
Do you know a child who needs school supplies? Plan on attending Stuff the Desk August 17, 2013
- Children and families who need financial support qualify for Stuff the Desk. School supplies will be distributed at Lincoln High School (1801 16th St. S., Wisconsin Rapids) on Saturday, August 17, 2013 from 8am - 12pm.
- To participate, bring your children to Stuff the Desk, bring a non-perishable food item (to be donated to local food pantries) and fill out an application. Translating services are available.
- For more information, dial 2-1-1.
- Click here to download a Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
About Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk
- Stuff the School Bus is a collaborative effort of several local non-profit, government and school agencies including: Boys and Girls Club of the Wisconsin Rapids Area, Caring Closet, the Family Center, Inc., Nekoosa School District, Port Edwards School District, the UW Extension Office, United Way of Inner Wisconsin, Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools and surrounding schools.
- Every year, the Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee asks the community to actually stuff a school bus with donations of school supplies. The event is held during Lunch By The River. Later, the donated school supplies are distributed to local, needy children during the Stuff the Desk event. All families who are in financial need are eligible; they simply need to attend Stuff the Desk, bring a canned food item to donate to area food pantries, and fill out an application.