United Way of Inner Wisconsin
Stuff the School Bus is August 7, 2014
- Location: Veteran's Memorial Park, Wisocnsin Rapids
- Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm during Lunch By The River - RAIN OR SHINE!
- Click here to sign up for email updates. Please specify you wish to receive the Stuff the School Bus email updates.
- For more information, call United Way's 2-1-1 at:
- Call directly at 877-947-2211
Drop Off Sites
- Open to the public:
- Check back later
- Internal drives only (not open to the public):
- Check back later
- If you would like to become a drop off location send us an email.
School Supply Wish List
- "Stuff the School Bus Drop Off Location" Sign
- Stuff the School Bus logo
- Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
To Make A Cash Donation:
- Monetary donations and gift certificates also accepted. Please write checks to "Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee" and mail them to: Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
- Volunteers are needed to:
- Organize school supply drives and bring donations to the Stuff the School Bus event on August 7th.
- Help carry boxes on August 7th
- Sort donated school supplies August 7th
- Help set up for distribution August 15
- Help children pick up their school supplies August 16
- Contact United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center for more information! 715-421-0390.
- Volunteer description for "Distribution Volunteer"
- Volunteer description for "Supply Sorter"
Do you know a child who needs school supplies? Plan on attending Stuff the Desk August 16, 2014
- Children and families who need financial support qualify for Stuff the Desk. School supplies will be distributed at Lincoln High School (1801 16th St. S., Wisconsin Rapids) on Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 8am - 12pm.
- To participate, bring your children to Stuff the Desk, bring a non-perishable food item (to be donated to local food pantries) and fill out an application. Translating services are available.
- For more information, dial 2-1-1.
- Click here to download a Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
About Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk
- Stuff the School Bus is a collaborative effort of several local non-profit, government and school agencies including: Boys and Girls Club of the Wisconsin Rapids Area, Caring Closet, the Family Center, Inc., Nekoosa School District, Port Edwards School District, the UW Extension Office, United Way of Inner Wisconsin, Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools and surrounding schools.
- Every year, the Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee asks the community to actually stuff a school bus with donations of school supplies. The event is held during Lunch By The River. Later, the donated school supplies are distributed to local, needy children during the Stuff the Desk event. All families who are in financial need are eligible; they simply need to attend Stuff the Desk, bring a canned food item to donate to area food pantries, and fill out an application.