United Way of Inner Wisconsin
Stuff the School Bus is August 7, 2014
- Location: Veteran's Memorial Park, Wisconsin Rapids
- Time: 11:30am - 1:00pm during Lunch By The River - RAIN OR SHINE!
- Click here to sign up for email updates. Select "Stuff the School Bus."
- For more information, call United Way's 2-1-1 at:
- Call directly at 877-947-2211
Drop Off Sites
- Open to the public:
- Assumption High School and all area Catholic Churches
- Bethlehem Lutheran Church, Nekoosa
- Check Advance
- DNL Recreation
- Faith Reformed Church, weekday mornings
- First English Lutheran Church, Monday-Friday 8am - 4:30pm; Sunday 8am - 11:15am
- Harmony Living Centers LLC
- Immanuel Lutheran Church, Sunday mornings from 8:15 - 11:45am
- Morovian Church of Wisconsin Rapids
- Nekoosa United Church of Christ, Monday-Friday 9am - 2pm
- Paper City Savings
- Port Edwards United Methodist Church
- Rapids Mall
- South Wood County YMCA - Port Edwards and Wisconsin Rapids locations
- St. John's Episcopal Church
- St. Paul's Lutheran Church, 9am-1pm, Monday-Friday
- Town of Rome Municipal Building
- The Retirement Community of Nekoosa
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin
- Internal drives only (not open to the public):
- ERCO Worldwide
- Marshfield Clinic - Wisconsin Rapids Center
- NewPage Corporation - Stevens Point
- NewPage Corporation - Wisconsin Rapids
- Renaissance Learning
- If you would like to become a drop off location send us an email.
School Supply Wish List
- "Stuff the School Bus Drop Off Location" Sign
- Stuff the School Bus logo
- Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
- Stuff the School Bus Flier 2014
- Stuff the Desk Flier 2014
To Make A Cash Donation:
- Monetary donations and gift certificates also accepted. Please write checks to "Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee" and mail them to: Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk, c/o United Way of Inner Wisconsin, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.
- Volunteers are needed to:
- Organize school supply drives and bring donations to the Stuff the School Bus event on August 7th.
- Help carry boxes on August 7th
- Sort donated school supplies August 7th
- Help set up for distribution August 15
- Help children pick up their school supplies August 16
- Contact United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center for more information! 715-421-0390.
- Volunteer description for "Distribution Volunteer"
- Volunteer description for "Supply Sorter"
Do you know a child who needs school supplies? Attend Stuff the Desk August 16, 2014
- Children and families who need financial support qualify for Stuff the Desk. School supplies will be distributed at Lincoln High School (1801 16th St. S., Wisconsin Rapids) on Saturday, August 16, 2014 from 8am - 12pm.
- To participate, bring your children to Stuff the Desk, bring a non-perishable food item (to be donated to local food pantries) and fill out an application. Translating services are available.
- For more information, dial 2-1-1.
- Click here to download a Stuff the Desk application (to receive school supplies)
About Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk
- Stuff the School Bus is a collaborative effort of several local non-profit, government and school agencies including: Boys and Girls Club of the Wisconsin Rapids Area, Caring Closet, the Family Center, Inc., Nekoosa School District, Port Edwards School District, the UW Extension Office, United Way of Inner Wisconsin, Wisconsin Rapids Public Schools and surrounding schools.
- Every year, the Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee asks the community to actually stuff a school bus with donations of school supplies. The event is held during Lunch By The River. Later, the donated school supplies are distributed to local, needy children during the Stuff the Desk event. All families who are in financial need are eligible; they simply need to attend Stuff the Desk, bring a canned food item to donate to area food pantries, and fill out an application.