United Way of Inner Wisconsin
United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center
- Welcome to United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center! Our vision statement is "Building a Community of Volunteers!" If you are looking for a cool way to LIVE UNITED, look no farther than the Volunteer Center.
How to Get Started!
- How can you get involved in volunteering? There are several ways!
- You can log onto our online database of volunteer opportunities, www.volunteerinnerwisc.org, to find the perfect volunteer opportunity that fits your interests and schedule. Opt in to receive emails and you'll get up-to-date volunteer rquests in real-time!
- Watch the Daily Tribune every Wednesday to see the “Volunteer Opportunities of the Week.” This can also be viewed on GoRapids.com, on the Voice's website and on River Cities Community Access.
- Sign up for our "Volunteer Insider" e-newsletter. This comes out bi-monthly and has information about how to get involved. Click here to send us an email and specify that you wish to receive "Volunteer Insider."
- Or, just give the Volunteer Center a call at 715-421-0390 so we can discuss your interests and match you to an agency that needs your help! You can also email Angie Loucks, the Volunteer Center Coordinator by clicking here.
- You can also get started in volunteering by participating in our Day of Caring!
- The reasons to volunteer are numerous. Volunteering looks great on job/college applications and it’s an opportunity to learn new skills and make friends. According to the Corporation for National and Community Service, volunteering could even add years and vitality to your life. People who give of their time and talents report higher levels of happiness, which in turn improves overall well-being by lowering stress levels, blood pressure and feelings of isolation. If you are thinking about volunteering, now is a great time to start!
- Volunteer Spotlight
- Volunteer Breakfast
- Holiday Give & Get Help Guide 2012
- Day of Caring
- Stuff the School Bus
- We are an affiliate of the Hands on Network.
- Volunteer Application
- Agency request for volunteer form
- Agency Affiliation Application
- Agency Record of Volunteer Hours
- Our Strategic Plan
Our Mission Statement
- The United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center mission is to mobilize and inspire people to utilize their talents to enhance our commuity. To accomplish this, we will
- Foster youth and adult volunteers to meet existing and emerging commuity needs
- Provide a central clearing house for volunteer opportunities in south Wood and Adams Counties.
- Conduct volunteer recruitment.
- Enhance the image of volunteers.
- Recognize volunteer accomplishments.
- Offer training and support for organizations and volunteers.
Our Task Force
- United Way of Inner Wisconsin's Volunteer Center Task Force:
- Sally Flanagan, the Lowell Center
- Peg Garber, professional volunteer
- Jenny Masephol, Riverview Medical Center's Volunteer Program
- Teri Obermeier, Catholic Charities Bureau of Housing
- Sue Zirnhelt, Lincoln High School's Volunteer Center