On April 20, we honored all volunteers in the community! The event was held at Hotel Mead in conjunction with National Volunteer Week.
Today we continue to make a difference in the community!
In the 2000s we moved into our current location and adopted the LIVE UNITED slogan.
In the 1990s we celebrated our 50th Anniversary and added the Volunteer Center to the office.
In 1987, United Way of America celebrated it's Centennial Anniversary. (Thank you to the staff at McMillan Memorial Library for scanning our slides into digital files!)
In the 1970s we finally became the "United Way" and adopted the logo with the hand, rainbow and person. We also saw familiar events, such as United Way Day at McDonalds; our very first Annual Report; and our first Executive Director.
During the 1960s, our organization continued to grow.
During the 1950s we saw another name change to "The United Fund" and we saw a change in giving similar to what we do today... including the introduction of the "Fair Share" concept.
Our organization was created in 1942 as a Community War Chest. We later became the Community Chest after World War II ended.