- Community members have access to shelter.
- Community members have access to food.
South Wood County Homelessness Coalition:
- Distribution of the "State of the Homeless" Snapshot
- MOU between member organizations which streamlines ability to communicate clients needs to each other and deliver services faster
- Conduct twice-annual Point in Time Homeless Count, where volunteers count and survey any homeless individuals during a specified date and time
South Wood County Hunger Coalition:
- Creating and distributing the "Food Provider Poster" which provides descriptions and contact information of all food resources in south Wood County
- Hosting the annual "United We Can" event at Witter Field in June to provide awareness around food insecurities in our community with food sculpture contests and other games and activities throughout the evening.
How You Can Help
- Volunteer for Point In Time (PIT) Homeless Count. Contact Angie Loucks at email@example.com for more information.
- Put together a team or sponsor a team for the 6th annual UNITED WE CAN food sculpture contest. Click here for more details.
- Sign up your business or organization to participate in a food simulation to better understand the tough choices those with food insecurities face every day to secure healthy food for themselves and their families. Contact Emily Stieve at Emily@uwiw.org for more information.