Skip to main content

Stuff the School Bus of South Wood County


Click here for information about Stuff the Desk


Let's send our kids back to school with the tools they need to succeed!  You can help with our school supply drive in a number of ways.  You can hold a school supply drive; or purchase school supplies and drop them off at one of our locations.  You can also make a monetary donation or volunteer!

At a glance:

Date:  August 3, 2017
Time:  11:30am - 1:00pm
Location: Veteran's Memorial Park, Wisconsin Rapids (rain location:  Witter Field)
To register your child for free school supplies:  click here

For more information:

Call United Way's 2-1-1 (dial 2-1-1 or 877-947-2211)
Sign up for email updates by clicking here. Select "Stuff the School Bus."
Find us on Facebook here

Drop Off Sites

Advance Janitorial - open to public
Assumption Catholic Schools/Churches - open to public
City of Wisconsin Rapids
Cranberry Court Assisted Living - open to public
Daly Drug
Duncan Disability, Nekoosa
DNL Recreation
Domtar - internal to employees only
First English Lutheran Church - open to public Monday through Thursday 8am - 3:30pm
First Weber
Immanuel Lutheran Church - open during services Wednesdays 6pm; and Sundays 8:45am and 10:30am
Marshfield Clinic - Wisconsin Rapids.  Open to employees only.
McMillan Memorial Library
Mid-State Truck Service
Port Edwards Methodist Church - open to public
Richard’s Liquors
St Paul’s Lutheran Church & School - open to public
Stoiber Healthcare - open to public
Town of Rome - open to public Mon- Fri 8-4pm
Wood County Courthouse, County Clerk Office - open to public
WoodTrust Bank, 2651 8th St. S. - open to public

If you would like to become a drop off location click here


Top Needed Items

Notebooks (plain colors)
Folders (plain colors)
Colored Pencils
Water Colors
Montary Donations



Stuff the Bus Flier 2017
Stuff the School Bus Logo
Stuff the School Bus Drop Box / Donation Form
Stuff the School Bus Sign
Volunteer Application

To Make A Cash Donation:

Monetary donations and gift certificates also accepted. Please write checks to "Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee" and mail them to: Stuff the Bus/Stuff the Desk, c/o United Way of Inner Wisconsin, 351 Oak Street, Wisconsin Rapids, WI 54494.  Or click here.


Volunteers Needed

Volunteers are needed for a variety of tasks, from organizing school supply drives, to sorting, to assisting with distribution.  To volunteer:


About Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk

Stuff the School Bus is a collaborative effort of several local non-profit, government and school agencies.  Every year, the Stuff the School Bus/Stuff the Desk Committee asks the community to actually stuff a school bus with donations of school supplies. The event is held during Lunch By The River. Later, the donated school supplies are distributed to local, needy children during the Stuff the Desk event. All families who are in financial need are eligible; they simply need to attend Stuff the Desk, bring a canned food item to donate to area food pantries, and fill out an application.